Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog's Day Craft



Happy Groundhog's Day!! Here is a cute groundhog made mostly of hearts. You will need a large brown heart for the head, a small white heart for the teeth, a small brown heart to cut in half to make 2 ears and a black heart for a nose. You will also need 2 googley eyes and long cream or white strips for whiskers. I don't know about you but I would love to hear some good news from this little guy today.

Supplies needed:
brown, black, cream, white paper
googley eyes

8 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Super cute - I love that he's made out of hearts!

Rachel said...

That is is so cute. As soon as my girls wake up form nap we will e making it. (Hopefully not to soon.) Thanks again for another great idea.
Rachel

Becky Sue said...

This is darn cute.. now matter what day of the year it is! :)

Lisa said...

I found your Groundhog Day activity on Pinterest! This is adorable! I just shared it on my blog. You can check it out here Friday's High Five: Groundhog's Day .

Lisa
Criss-Cross Applesauce

Tina @Mamas Like Me said...

Just made these with my Daycare kids :) So cute!

Jay Steen said...

I also found this on pinterest-my preschool kids LOVED this craft, and the fact that it is made mostly of hearts (our shape of the month) was a bonus!

Tami said...

Just stopping by to let you know that I've featured your craft on Family Fun Crafts! You can see it here:
http://funfamilycrafts.com/i-heart-groundhog-day/

If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them. :) If you would like to display a
featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

Jen said...

Loved it! Used it in our latest Groundhog Day post here http://www.tutoringinthetriangle.com/blog/bid/170616/Great-Groundhog-Day-Fun-and-Ideas