Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine Dessert Pizza

The kids loved every bit of this process. We used frozen bread dough for the crust (thawed in the refrigerator).

Then we divided the bread dough into 4 parts. The kids smashed and flattened out their part and I cut them into hearts. I lightly greased a cookie sheet and put the dough in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or so. Just until the tops were lightly golden brown.

Then we spread peanut butter over the entire thing and the kids put semi sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter/chocolate swirled chips, m & ms, and marshmallows. Then I put them in the oven for a couple of minutes just until the marshmallows got soft and all the other toppings were ooey gooey. One heart of their dessert pizza will last them all week. You certainly can make more hearts so that they are more of an individual serving, but I took the easy way out. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look yummy.
I'm not brave enough to try them though. My kids with that much sugar...it's not pretty.