Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Father's Day Stepping Stone



This is the 3rd year in a row that we have made stepping stones for Father's Day. Both of my kids make their very own every year, give it to their daddy and he puts them in our garden. The kids LOVE making them because each year the kids put their hand print right in the middle and then they decorate it. They love seeing how much their hands have grown on their older ones. In addition to the hand print, we also write their name and the year on them. We love them! The stone kits we got were from Michael's as they are on sale EVERY year at this time. They are a wonderful keepsake.

3 comments:

Annette W. said...

Good idea! Thank you! Keep the Father's Day ideas coming...we have many grandparents!

Crystal said...

This is such a great idea. I think I am going to do this for my dad this year.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across this because I want to do some home improvement stuff this spring and stepping stones and flower bed decor is one of them! My 2 girls will have a blast w/these....especially my oldest daughter. She'd love the star stones because her name is Estrella (Star in spanish) and would make a great keepsake for her, family & friends for years to come. I'd also like to find candy shaped stones for my youngest daughter cause her name is Dulce (Candy or Sweet in Spanish) :)